8. Perfect way to get your vitamin D throughout the year. Forget taking a supplement solely for vitamin, you can get the same amount from a multivitamin. Supplementation with vitamin D may help prevent cancer, osteoporosis, Alzheimer's Disease, aid in treatment of autoimmune disease such as Diabetes mellitus, multiple sclerosis, and rheumatoid arthritis and high blood pressure, and may boost your immunity.
7. Reduce neural tube defects like spina bifida by as much as 70%. Whether your planning or not, all women of childbearing age should take a multivitamin with folic acid.
6. A mulitvit costs less than most other dietary supplements. All those fancy 'organic' and 'natural' vitamin products and often contain similar contents to any brand of multivitamin.
5. Get Smart! Improved eye health and brain function have been linked with multivitamin.
4. Take a chill pill. Daily multivitamin helps to alleviate stress.
3. Improve immune function and reduce infectious disease. Potentially, cutting your sick days in half.
2. Taking a multivitamin may aid in weight loss. Studies have higher multivitamin in lower BMI. As well, daily use may help you lose weight in conjunction with calorie controlled diet, and control your appetite.
1. Consider it insurance for your diet. Too many studies have shown that most diets -- even fairly healthy ones fall well below Recommended Dietary Allowance for many nutrients. Supplements are a proven bridge between what we should eat and what we actually eat.